We work to improve the potential of our planet and better individual quality of life.
Pioneers of Organic Cocoa from Ghana
Yayra Glover LTD represents the beauty of sustainable economics. Based on consciousness of global partnership and human growth, our Competence Centre of Excellence at Organic Hills, Suhum, Ghana, leads in developing innovative business strategies in agriculture. We work to improve the potential of our planet and better individual quality of life.
Ghana in West Africa, has long played an important role in the cocoa trade. Our country is the second world producer of cocoa behind Ivory Coast which exports more than Ghana. Yayra Glover LTD is a licensed organic cocoa producer and exporter. It is a purpose-driven social enterprise that seeks to improve the livelihood and quality of life of our recruited and trained cocoa farmers. Our innovative, scalable business model prioritizes social, economic, and environmental impact in our rural cocoa communities.
Founded in 2007, the company pioneered the production of organic cocoa in Ghana. Today we remain focused on empowering farmers to not only transition to organic cocoa, but to see beyond and diversify the crops they produce. Our unique agricultural model leans on circular economy principles and regenerative systems with the aim of inspiring, demonstrating, and driving increased sustainable volumes of production while enhancing the quality of cocoa beans to benefit people and the environment.
We partner over 5,000 registered and certified organic cocoa farmers. We provide one of the best agricultural training and extension services which meet international standards and enable farmers obtain certification in Organic, Rainforest Alliance, and Fair Trade chemical-residue-free cocoa.
Presently, our latest initiative is a cross-sector strategic partnership between Yayra Glover Limited (Cocoa Buying Company), Yayra Glover Organic Inputs Ltd. and Yayra Glover Foods and Beverages Ltd. All three companies in this partnership are hosted within the 121ha agro-processing enclave – the Yayra Glover Agro-Industrial EcoPark.
Furthermore, Fairafric – one of our off-takers – has constructed a 16,000 metric-tonne chocolate factory in our agro-processing enclave [Yayra Glover Agro-Industrial EcoPark] at Amanase near Suhum in Ghana. Our cocoa beans are processed into consumer chocolate products by off-takers such as Fairafric and Felchlin-Switzerland and are sold locally and in Europe.
At our core we believe regenerative models that are underpinned by symbiotic business approaches can help unlock the potential of businesses as a force for positive change in the society through the creation of new opportunities that protect and conserve biodiversity while assisting the progress towards the Sustainable Development Goals.
Beyond the export of cocoa beans, we are seeking collaboration that will accelerate our vision for diversification of cocoa farming to include the local primary processing of cocoa beans into nibs, liquor, butter, powder and cake. We are also poised to significantly improve the livelihoods of cocoa farmers through the local processing of diverse agricultural commodities including but not limited to cashew, peanut, pineapple, vitamin A enriched maize, and orange-fleshed sweet potato (OFSP) for affordable local consumption and for export. Through this regenerative diversification model, our farmers will sustainably earn revenue beyond cocoa, improve on the quality and value of their produce, while strengthening local food systems by making them more resilient to vulnerabilities from economic, social, and ecological shocks.
Our Product Advantages
- Clean Organic Cocoa
- Market Impact
- Prompt Delivery
- Unique Warehousing Services
- Clear Communication
- Farmer Benefits & Social Programs
We uphold high ethical standards, protection of the environment, dedication to excel in our operations and an aspiration to exceed our customers’ expectation. For us, the most challenging issues are conservation of the environment and sustainable production of cocoa without use of child labour. The health and economic wellbeing of our farmers is supreme as we train theme to appreciate farming as a business venture.
- Provide farmers with leadership skills and support to produce high quality cocoa beans
- Build capacity to make farmers resilient in cocoa production.
- Respond to market demands and challenges to replace ageing cocoa plantations.
- Guide farmers to accept and practice internationally recognized standards for high quality cocoa production without the use of dangerous agro chemicals.
- Use GPS-equipped devices to survey, map cocoa farms and establish yield estimate.
- Facilitating strong and vibrant smallholder FBOs in cocoa growing regions of Ghana as conduit for education and behavioral change for farmers to accept and practice internationally accepted safety standards for the production of chemical-residue-free cocoa
- Building capacity of peasant cocoa farmers in premium organic and Social Impact cocoa production
- Paying high premium to recruited farmers for producing organic chemical-residue-free cocoa
- Training our organic farmers to adopt good farm management practices to facilitate increased production and high premium for their produce