Sunday, 28 July 2019
The specific objectives of the company are:
- To facilitate strong and vibrant smallholder FBOs in the Eastern and Volta Regions of Ghana as a conduit for education and behaviour change for farmers to accept and practice the internationally recognised safety standards for the production of premium organic and UTZ-Chemical Residue Free cocoa;
- Build capacity of peasant cocoa farmers in the Eastern and Volta Regions of Ghana in premium organic and Social Impact Cocoa Production;
- To pay to recruited farmers a premium price for producing organic and UTZ-Chemical Residue Free cocoa;
- To train recruited organic and UTZ-Chemical Residue Free Farmers on the need to carry out good farm management practices to ensure increased production and premium price for their produce;
- To participate fully in any arrangement that will be made to enhance the welfare of recruited farmers; and
- To further transparent and equitable relations in the cocoa value chain.